Monday, May 16, 2011

The 'H' word.


Over the last week I posted a few updates on facebook about the new house, typical posts... unpacking... organising... sorting... cleaning red mud off white tiles etc, but it was only after one little post referring to our place still as the wee little 'house' one of my long time friends asked the question, 'was it time to upgrade to the 'H' word... you know, HOME?'

It made me stop sit and think. We have had houses and before the children they were just houses. But for the past 18months I have truly longed for somewhere to call... HOME.
Well... Friday afternoon we took the biggest step so far. It was a beautiful sunny day in Brissie on Friday and in the afternoon when the school bell rang and all the children left the little school behind us, we opened our back gate for the first time in over 7 months and ventured into our adopted back yard... the school oval. As soon as the gate open, Jet was off like a flash with his soccer ball tucked up his arm and Brodie was wriggling so hard to get down I could hard keep hold of him. Right then I took a deep breath, looked around, soaked every ounce of the moment and realised... we were HOME!

I'm not one to get attached to material items or houses because of the many moves we did as kids (builders as parents) so this is a big, big step for me. HOME.. it is hard even saying the word, but somehow I think I can truly get used to it.
x

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Welcome home Kirsty!
    {and love the new header up top!!!!}
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you finally understand!! lol its nice to see you settled.. xox

    ReplyDelete