Monday, March 7, 2011

A Wee Little Trip to The Mountain









AU Winery- Mt Tamborine




As I mentioned in my last post, March is a magically chaotic month in our household with both my husband and I sharing birthdays. Mine is in little over a week away and after returning on the weekend from a little pre birthday celebration with some gorgeous ladies and my very lovely (but sick) sister it got me thinking about how much my life has changed in the past 10 years.
This year I celebrated with the girlies at a little winery followed by dinner at my favourite resturant on the /clubs. Mountain. A couple of bottles of vino and bubbles were consumed but this time at a very reasonable hour we shifted from champagne to coffee and green tea (I cannot drink coffee and have not done for at least the last 9 years!). 10 years ago had someone of said this would be how I would celebrate with the ladies, I would have laughed in their face!!! No way would I have ever admitted that one day I would choose a night in over a raging bacradi fuelled dance off at one of my favorite pubs/clubs! But Saturday afternoon and night followed by a spontaneous breakfast was exactly what I craved. It was heaven! So bring on the years I say, maybe in 10 years time I will escape with the ladies on a shopping adventure in another city to celebrate my last 30 something birthday.

Next week when the true celebrations are in full swing, I will be spending it with my three delicately handsome boys and my family. Would I trade this to turn back the clock 10 years and be heading out to who knows where... hell no!!!! My body is getting way to old for that!

Who ever said that birthday celebration can only last one day!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend Kirsty! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kitchen Table was one of the best place is have been to in a while!!!! Defiantly going back there soon.

    x Love you Big sista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have some unfinished business at The Kitchen Table...comes in the form of some sweet little packages in the desert cabinet.

    ReplyDelete